With the blessings of Allah Almighty, we are pleased to present the 30th revised edition  of the book. Since 2003 after introduction of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001, the revised editions have received tremendous commendation from the readers, who have expressed profound confidence in us as we try our best to come up to their expectations. This edition purports to explain the provisions of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 as amended by the Finance Act, 2020 and changes inserted through Statutory Regulatory Orders (SROs) till 31st May 2021.
Following are highlights of the 30th Revised Edition:
• The scheme of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 elucidated in a simple but lucid manner.
• Entire material rewritten with suitable illustrations explaining the law as amended up to 31st May 2021.
• Includes changes notified up to 31st May 2021.
• Contains table of cases, cross-references, appendices and indexes arranged in a systematic manner.
• Recent case-law, FBR’s instructions and judicial pronouncements with judicial analysis fully incorporated.
• For withholding tax agents it is a comprehensive guide as provided in Chapter 16 to cope with the cumbersome, ever-expanding system of collection/deduction of tax at source.
• Quick Tax Guide is provided for readers [Appendix 1].
• Complete ‘Tax Withholding Chart’ with Schedule for filing of statements under various sections and other sections included for ready reference
Since its first edition in 1990, this work has established itself as a composite textbook on Pakistani income tax law and practice. It has attained the position of a most useful and practical treatise on Income Tax Law. The lucidity and simplicity together make the work a useful reading. Patterned on a do-it-yourself guide, this is a practical commentary saving the readers from tedious and complicated areas of futile controversies and intricacies of law. As Review Editor, I have tried my best to make the book as presentable as possible. Any comments and suggestions for improvement will be most welcomed and highly appreciated.